The Vibrogym is a machine with a platform that oscillates vertically between 2-4 mm at frequencies between 30-50 Hz on which exercises are performed. The frequency is determined according to whether strengthening or relaxation of muscle is required and varies from 30-50 Hz.
How It Works
- Clients may stand or lean on the oscillating platform and perform specific exercises for durations of 30-60 seconds each.
- Vibration through the muscle stimulates the stretch reflex in the muscles, which results in more of the muscle contracting than would occur with the same exercise on land.
- This means that you can exercise your muscles efficiently in a much shorter time.
- A ½ hour workout on the Vibrogym is a similar workload on your muscles as 1½ hours in the gymnasium.
- As simple exercises stimulate the muscles effectively and also help to improve bone density, this is ideal for the elderly and those with limited mobility.
Scientifically Proven Benefits
- Enhanced bone health
- Increased muscle tone
- Increased circulation
- Increased cellulite reduction
- Increased weight loss
- Improved balance
- Increased flexibility
An initial one hour one-on-one consultation with one of our trained physiotherapists is required to design an ideal programme to suit your goals and ensure your technique is correct. After you have received your programme you can book half hour sessions to work on the Vibrogym at convenient times.