Hip Pain may occur as a result of several factors:
- a direct injury to the hip joint
- a sprain or strain of the joint capsule or adjacent soft tissues
- wear and tear of the joint surfaces (arthritic change)
- inflammation within the joint (inflamatory arthritis)
- micro tears to the tendons around the hip often with associated enlargement of the bursae around the hip.
- referral from the lumbar spine
What happens if I have Hip Pain?
Our physiotherapists are skilled at determining the underlying cause and will then commence the most appropriate treatment. This may include mobilising the joint, local treatment to settle inflammation and specific exercises.
For more information, please read lateral-hip-tendinopathy.