Happy New Year from us all at Eastern Sports and Spinal Care
Every new year is a chance to reset our goals for the year ahead and start afresh. The trap is not to set your goals too high to start with and get started with such gusto that it becomes too hard to maintain, and eventually you give up.
Your health and well-being are very important. When we face health issues, everything else in life becomes more difficult.
That’s where we can help you. At Eastern Sports and Spinal Care, we can work with you to set reasonable and achievable health and fitness goals and design individualised exercise programs to meet your specific needs.
Our highly specialised physios will monitor you in small classes, in a Covid Safe environment.
Here is a summary of our classes:
- Pilates based Floor and Equipment Classes focusing on maintaining good spinal stabilization while specifically strengthening all muscle groups and improving spinal mobility.
- Lifestyle Fitness classes incorporating some cardiovascular conditioning and strengthening using free weights and body weight.
- Osteofit specifically designed to help osteopenic people safely load their bones to the levels required to lay down more bone and reduce further bone loss.
- GLA:D a six-week program for specific management of hip and knee arthritis starts this week. It includes a free information session on January 20th at 7pm, covering the current understanding and evidence for hip and knee osteoarthritis management. It is free for anyone interested, but you do need to register as numbers are limited.
- Balance and Mobility class is restarting at the practice on Mondays at 2pm. Suitable for people walking independently, with or without a walking stick and have noticed a decline in their overall balance and strength. Previously running as an online class, we are now offering face to face classes, offering greater variety in a Covid Safe environment.
- Oncology Rehabilitation helps regain mobility after surgery, including relaxation training or gentle graduated exercise to regain strength and fitness after treatment has finished. There is a considerable amount of evidence supporting exercise being extremely beneficial both during and after cancer therapy to reduce side effects, manage fatigue, maintain function during active treatment, and regain strength and fitness after treatment. Our goal is to work with our clients to optimise their health and well-being, during and after cancer therapy.
We can still provide some online mat classes via Zoom to help those who prefer to exercise from home, or unable to attend the practice.
So, we have lots of options to help you achieve your health and well-being goals safely, all supervised and progressed by physiotherapists who understand the pathology and the rehabilitation process.
Call us today on 8331 0606 for an appointment and get started on the “New You” for 2021.